We recently introduced our first series of Boteco toggle clamps and plans are in the works for many more to add to and complete the range.
Basically a toggle clamp is the simplest and most versatile positioning and workholding system as it is quick acting and securely locks a mechanical workpiece in position to enable further machining on a milling, drilling, tapping machine or any other machine tool.
The lever system used in toggle clamps offers many advantages.
– With a relatively small movement, the part that exerts force on the workpiece can easily be opened, leaving ample space to remove and reposition the workpieces.
– The lever system enables you to secure the workpiece with an easy and fast movement.
– The workpiece can be secured precisely by adjusting the height of the rubber screw cap.
– When the lever mechanism is moved to the end of its stroke, the toggle clamp assumes a position from which it cannot open, so the clamping cap always remains firmly fixed on the workpiece, which ensures a secure, stable hold and always with the same kilograms of thrust.
– Without the worry of not having fixed the product correctly or not having tightened it sufficiently.
– It is an effective, simple and relatively inexpensive tool compared to other systems.